Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Thursday, January 19, 2012

They're Here!

We got our new furniture yesterday and we are thrilled! Lilly is in love with her bed. It was everything she wanted and asked for. She kept saying, "I just can't stop smiling!".
bed

Since we're in Turkey, finding a twin sized mattress at decent price is nearly impossible. Turkish mattresses are firm, very uncomfortably firm. Our mattress is Turkish and at $300 for a king size was very affordable, but I hate it. I got a memory foam mattress topper for Christmas and it makes it loads more comfy, but still not as comfy as I want it to be. Knowing that, we didn't want a Turkish one for her. We could have found a used one, but that really just creeps the germophobe in me out so that was out of the question. Then we moved onto the base exchange, BX- whick is like a horrible version of Walmart for the base. They have very few mattresses there, but there are a few different twin sized ones. When I saw how much they were, I nearly had a heart attack. The two they had were priced at $600 and $700. That my friends, is way too much for me to spend on a twin sized mattress. So until we're back in the states, Sadie-Mae so graciously offered her mattress up. She said she would just sleep with Ruby for now. As soon as we get to Nebraska we'll get Lilly a new mattress.
016

And we also have plans to spruce up Sadie and Ruby's beds. We are going to paint them, but the color is still unknown. For now Sadie keeps saying dark pink and Ruby keeps saying blue. I think they'll change their minds  at least a few times, but I think we all will have a better idea once we see some paint samples.
And now onto the bar. They have some pretty elaborate bars here. They would be really cool to have, but really they aren't very practical for us. After looking around at a few different furniture stores, Steven found what he was looking for while Lilly and I were looking at beds. It can hold wine bottles, liquor bottles, glasses and a drawer for cork screws and any other miscellaneous drink needs. On the top of it is a slab of marble so you can use it to cut limes and what not. Unfortunately it won't be really be used until it arrives at Offutt. It can hold 16 bottles of wine so I'll start sampling and collecting wines until it gets there :) I'm also toked that it will be able to hold my wine glasses so it will free up some cabinet space. I will really miss being able to bring a photo of a piece of furniture I want and have it made for me.
bar

Another place I will really miss is Pops Leather. It's a leather shop that makes coats, hats, bags, purses, wallets, belts, holsters, and more. Steven goes for the holsters. I go for all the designer purses they make. They may be knock offs, but they are good knock offs made with leather. They are great bags and I'll miss going there. Luckily I have a husband who spoils me. He told he wanted me to 'stock up' on these bags before we leave, so he bought me two and told me we'll make one more trip there before we leave. They have Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, and Coach. They also make custom things. I think this place has spoiled on bags too. I don't know if I will want to buy a bag in the states again.
pops

Anyways I got an Louis Vuitton and a Gucci person this time and I love them. I'm using the Gucci one right now and am loving it.
007

Who would of thought that I would actually miss some things here? I'm so excited about getting out that I overlooked the fact that there were some things I really liked. I would take living in the States over Turkey any day, but I'm grateful that we got to experience this.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment