Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away?

I love the rain. And I am so happy that the sun decided to take a day off. But man, I wish this rain would let just for a few minutes today. It's rainy, cold, and windy. Those words are not really uttered when you think about this part of Turkey. It just goes to show us that we'll need to be a warmer wardrobe collection once we get to my mom's house in Pennsylvania.
I wanted to make sure I posted yesterday and today's photos for my Project 365, er Project 366 since it's a leap year this year.
My dog sleeps in the funniest positions. She usually does it at night, but today she must have been extra tired. Silly Sophie dog!

9

And today we had two dentist appointments. First up was Lilly. While in the process of getting a loose tooth out, we found what we thought was a cavity. Turns out where we thought one was, wasn't, but she did have one on the other side. It's small but we need to get it filled as soon as we get to Offutt. I asked if she thought it would be better to see a dentist now about- an off base, Turkish civilian dentist- but she said she'd rather us wait until we're in the states. Apparently the Turkish view on kids with cavities is to just pull the tooth out instead of filling it. I'd much rather - and Steven too- her have it filled and not pulled. Ruby was the next appointment. The child has 3 chipped teeth. I kid you not! Three. She leads with her head just like her daddy :) We've noticed that one of her chipped teeth had started to discolor. We were worried that she may have damaged the nerves, but she's fine. The dentist said she just 'bruised the inside of her tooth'. She'll be fine but the tooth will stay that color until it falls out in a few years. Ruby did so much better that I thought she was going to. She even let them take an x-ray. She was much quieter than she normally is, but she was so calm and well behaved. I am so relieved that their appointments went so well. I was ball of nerves thinking it would be worse than it was.

10

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment