Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kids Say(&Do) the Darnedest Things!

I need to write these down before I forget. So here they are in all their bullet style glory!

  • It's no secret that Ruby is an extreme klutz and accident prone. She is 2 years old, covered with bruises and scrapes, and has 3, yes 3, chipped teeth. She has gotten so used to it that whenever she bonks her head she tells us to go get the flashlight so we can check her pupils. Every time, in between small sobs, she yells, 'Get the fwashwight!'
  • Ruby also has a slight obsession with diaper rash cream and baby powder. Every time we change her diaper she asks for 'diapy cweam and baby powdy'. She usually gets a peeved when we tell her no she doesn't need it. She took matters into her own hands and grabbed handfuls of her applesauce and smeared it all over her diaper. She then told me it's okay it's just diapy cwream.
  • I was making pancit the other night and I left the bottle of adobo seasoning on the counter so I could add more along the way. She grabbed when I was looking and sprinkled it onto her hand and then licked it off. And then asked for more. Yuck!
  • I went upstairs to grab a laundry basket and when I came back down she had an opened packet of jello mix and red staining all over her hands and mouth. She really doesn't doesn't have any boundaries. Everything is fair game with her.
  • I asked Lilly to go up to my bedroom and get Ruby some pajamas out of the laundry basket. She went up, was up there for a long while, and then came back down without a shirt, just pants. She said she couldn't find it, even though I had just folded and put it in there. She went up again and came back down without the shirt, but with something in her mouth. I asked her what it was, she said nothing. I held out my hand because I wanted to know that it wasn't something that could hurt her. She then started to spit one jellybean after another into my hand, one by one. She wasn't up there for looking the shirt, she was up their eating the jellybeans Steven had on his night stand.
  • Sadie is a character. She is so unique and knows what she likes and doesn't care what other people think. She was sitting with Sophie on the couch the other day when she started to sing Guns N Roses 'Sweet Child of Mine'. She was just sitting there petting the dog and singing to her.
  • Sadie was eating her breakfast of dry cereal one morning. I noticed her voice, so I stopped what I was doing to listen. She was naming each Fruit Loop and different character from The Big Bang Theory.
  • Since we're moving soon, we've been measuring furniture to see how much space we need for each room. It's something to do with our very over sized custom bedroom set that we had made. We didn't really think too much on how big everything would be until it was in our bedroom, whoops! Anyways, Ruby found a measuring tape and measured some bookcases for herself, declaring they were "80 lbs. long'.
  • Yogurt is something everyone in our house likes, especially if it's the real Greek yogurt we get from the commissary. Steven woke up one afternoon and grabbed a yogurt for his breakfast and 3 little girls quickly made their way to him for a bite. Ruby took a bite, smiled, and said "My mouth is happy now!"
  • Only our girls could take a whole Saturday to play "Moving to Nebraska". Take a lunch break from it to have a tea party. And then play "We're sick in the hotel room".
  • I sent Lilly and Sadie upstairs one night to get their pajamas on. Lilly yelled down that she found a bug, so I asked what kind. To which she replied, "I didn't go to no insect school! I don't know what kind of bug it was!"
  • I gave Sadie the rest of my water bottle. She drank it all and said, "That was some goooooood water. I drank it all!" While she was playing with the empty bottle she kept dropping it so I told her to quit. She said, "It's not me, it's the freakin' water bottle." My jaw dropped straight to the floor.
And to catch up on my P366, here's yesterday and today's photos.

    Sadie teaching Ruby 'Ring Around A Rosie'.
    11
    At the doctor's office for their 2 and 4-year checkups. And that's my teddy bear from when I was little. Ruby has been carrying her around a lot lately.
    0112
    And today we had another lovely power outage. I will sure miss all these blackouts we have here <---- Insert scarasm here! No power means more reading time for me :) 12

    -K

    No comments:

    Post a Comment