Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Friday, January 6, 2012

Poor Sadie-Mae

We took Sadie and Ruby to get their annual shots yesterday so that Steven could be with us and give me an extra hand. Their appointment is on Wednesday and I'll be taking them by myself because Steven has to work. Somehow Ruby lucked out and didn't need any, but Sadie needed 3. Poor thing didn't even know it was coming. She kept asking who was getting the shot, but didn't know until we walked into the room. That's when she started panicking.
She sat on my lap and I held her down while the injected her in the legs. I kept telling her that she'd be fine when it was done. After she just kept saying 'ouchies ouchies' and then said she couldn't walk. We told her that walking would make it feel better so started walking. After a few minutes she felt fine again. But when we got home, she tripped on one of Daddy's shoes and caught the corner of the coffee table in her rib cage. She iced it  for a little but and just tried to relax for the rest of the night. She rarely hurts herself like this so she was pretty upset.
6
Steven started night shift again so as soon as he left for work, we watched 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' in my bed. They all just needed to relax a little bit. After the movie it was straight to bed and not one of the complained. Even Lilly who usually comes back to my room every 5 minutes for one thing or another in a grand effort to delay/postpone bedtime. Even I went to bed early. I caught a stomach virus that was going around base and was down and out for a few days. Thankfully the hubby was home and took care of everything, including me. So this weekend we are just going to take it easy and start getting the house ready because we are out of here in a few short weeks!!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment