Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nothing New on the Homefront

It’s been a while since I posted anything about what we’re up too.  But seriously, we’re not up to much. Lilly has been enjoying school, Sadie is handful, and Ruby doesn’t  really nap anymore. She has been trying to transition from 2 naps to 1, but it hasn’t worked out really well. She tries to hold off of  a morning nap, eats lunch,  then goes to sleep. But Lilly gets out of school at 2, so she usually wakes up when I pick her up. Or lately she has been taking a nap in the morning and Sadie or Lilly, depending on the day, usually wake her up after 15 minutes.

While I do have some time I have been trying to soak up and learn every little thing I can about photography. I have always wanted to take my own photos of the girls and be able get them at the quality I like. I think I am slowly getting  there. There is so much more left to learn. I have also been participating in I ♥ Faces weekly challenges so that I can learn more. I’ve also been experimenting with editing and using different actions. I just bought the Florabella Luxe Collection, and I am loving all the actions  it has. And I am so grateful for the girls cooperating with me.  We do have some moments when Sadie will only give  me dirty looks and makes faces at the camera, but for the most part they have been willing little models for me. They are all about wearing dresses and we don’t have enough of them for them to wear one everyday, so they are happy to dress up or put on a dress from their closet and let me take their photos. And Lilly has figured out that if she has something she wants to show Daddy or do for Daddy while he’s sleeping or at work, she just has to ask me to take a photo or a video. She’s such smart little cookie :)

And on a completely different note, I am so sorry that I am terrible at mailing things. We have had boxes started for family since we got back from the states in December. And yes, I do know it is March now. We still need to buy a few little Turkish things for them and then tape them up. I think it’s because I have to take a 3 year old and a 15 month old  with me and carry all the boxes. Then why haven’t I mailed those Valentine’s Day cards? Who knows? I need to work on that.  I am going to get all of that sent out within the week. Fingers crossed.

Lilly’s birthday is coming up and I cannot believe she is going to be 5. Where has the time gone? Since there are no party supplies here on base, you have to order them online or make them. I found a great website a few months ago. Smitten Blog Designs some great free printables that include party decorations. I showed Lilly and she decided on the cute circus theme. I just need to print everything out and cut it out. I’m going to make lots of cupcakes and popcorn. Since it is an afternoon party, I think I am going to skip meal type foods and have lots of snacks and drinks. I am actually pretty excited about it and not stressing like I usually do. I always want everything to be just right. I think I started planning it well enough ahead of time that everything is going smoothly. I’ll have to remember that for Sadie and Ruby’s birthdays because I’ll have 2 to plan at the same time. Sadie’s birthday is December 10th and Ruby’s is December 9th. I’ll need a pretty good head start on those.

All is good here and now though. The weather has been really nice and I am starting to dread the inevitable heat that is coming. At least we’ll spend a good chunk of summer vacation in the states! We’re so excited to go back. Sadie wants to go to Target and Walmart :) And all the pictures are from the past few weeks.
krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment