Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Last Weekend

One thing that annoys me most of Steven working nights is how our weekends work. I have to take the girls to church by myself, although last weekend they were pretty good, Lilly gets a half day with Daddy before school starts back up for the week, and Steven being up most of the nights he is home, which in turn makes him sleep until the afternoon. Not so much fun, especially for the  kiddos.  But we always try and make the most of the time. I am grateful the girls appreciate the small things in life, it helps a lot with limited time.

Sunday afternoon we went for a walk. There is a big playground in the older housing here and there are rarely anyone there when we go. It has a big  jungle gym, a small jungle gym- perfect for Ruby, 2 merry go rounds, and swings. The girls LOVE it, and I love that they are all able to play on one playground and I don’t have to worry about bigger kids trampling them. We played there for quite a while and brought the camera to shot some photos of the girls.
 
On the walk back to the house we stopped at the train tracks to take some more photos. There is a set of railroad tracks on base that aren’t used anymore so I took the opportunity to get some more photos. I’ve always wanted  some photos of the girls around train tracks and I didn’t have to worry about a train coming down the tracks. The big girls loved it. They picked some more flowers and used the tracks as balance beams. This weekend I want to take them back and bring a few props so they don’t get too bored with me and the camera. Hopefully they cooperate :) I don’t blame them for thinking it’s boring and not cooperating, but I think they’ll thank me when they are adults and have so many moments and memories to look back on.

I don’t think I have ever posted about the commissary here but I’m a little urked at the moment. Since we’ve lived here, just over a year now, we haven’t had any problems with it All of the food and supplies are flown here from Germany and there have been a few times when the flight to here had been cancelled or delayed leaving us with out certain items for a few days. Well the past 2-3 weeks they’ve been out of fresh meat. I can understand up to a week but this is seriously getting ridiculous. Not only have we not had meat but lately it’s milk too. When I went in today they only had 3- half gallons of whole milk and maybe 5 of the small chocolate milk and reduced fat milk, and they were running low on wipes and the pull-ups – for bedtime- that we use were  low too. I just wish they would give us a real answer as to why they are out of these items and when will they be back. I am kind of sick of the “flights have been cancelled”. I would truly be more understanding of the real answer, even if it was dumb, than this run around.
 
Living here has really made us appreciate the small things. Steven and I often joke about how if we were “in the states right now” how easy it would be to go shopping for what you need/want at any tine of any day. Even Sadie has realized how easy and fun it is to go get whatever you want instead of having to wait for the BX/commissary to have it. She keeps telling us she wants to move to Texas, live in a hotel on the “Sanny Tony River”, and go to Target and Walmart. We took England for granted, and didn’t realize how much we liked there until after we were gone, even Steven would like to go back. It’s almost hard to believe but we should have a new assignment this summer and we’re hoping it’s some place nice.
 
All of these photos were from that Sunday afternoon. I think they came out really good but I’m a little biased.
krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment