Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Turkey and My New Toy

With part of our tax money this year, the hubs let me get a new camera. I was so excited and so impatient to get that money in our account. If you know me you know I am VERY impatient but have worked hard over the years to be very patient with the kiddos. But when it’s not the kids, I know I drive Steven nuts! But we finally got it and I am the proud new owner of a Nikon D90!! I am in love with it! And I am so excited to learn everything I can about it. I have been taking pictures non-stop since Friday. The girls have been pretty patient with me and the camera in their faces, but I know they’re getting sick of it. Steven said he didn’t want me to take it out of the house until we had a proper case for it. So, he bought a really nice leather bag for Pop’s Leather out in the alley. And to go with it, a new pink couch wallet, well it’s a fake coach but a really good one! I also bought a foam insert for the bag that will hold my camera with attached lens and an extra lens.

From what we’ve heard, we are having a very warm winter this year. We’ve had some very cold days, but for the most part it has been in the 60’s and even 70’s. When the wind blows it does get chilly, but all in all not bad at all. With good weather, we are able to still play outside, which the girls love. Ruby has learned to climb up on the little swing set and slide down the slide. She absolutely loves the slide. She’s also obsessed with balls. She cases them all over the yard. If she finds a small one that is easy for her to carry, she’ll carry it the whole time is playing and will occasionally kiss it! The big girls like to swing and pretend that the little swing set is a pirate ship. They are just happy to be able to run around. The other day they found a weed in the yard and Lilly thought it was broccoli. We corrected her and she and Sadie went off the find more weeds. They were completely fascinated.

024

This was taken on base here. The mountains have had snow on them for a few months now. They are pretty to look at since I miss seeing snow. I am glad that we don’t actually have any because it makes thing 10000x harder when taking the kiddos out of the house.

037

Swinging with Daddy :)

091

Looking for weeds in the grass!

094

She found a ball in her size!

083173

They play pirate ship/Captain Hook on the little swing set.

137

Sadie and Ruby in their hiding spot for hide and go seek.

150

Getting brave with the swings!

178207

Bouncing on giant bouncy balls!

We are going to enjoy the weather until the about summertime, then I gonna pack up the kiddos and are going to find sanctuary somewhere a little less hot! Also known as Yiayia’s (my mom) house. And hopefully Memaw, Papop, and Uncle Shelby will come up for a visit when Steven gets there too! It should make for a good summer vacation!

krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment