Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick Kids

I guess I can be grateful that since we left England our kids really haven’t been sick. Well except for Ruby, but her ailments were not some bug she caught  from others. When we lived in England it seemed that we were always sick with a virus that was going around. Lilly had a lot of ear infections and colds or a stomach bug she caught at school. Even the month we  left, Lilly and Sadie had a stomach bug that was going around and left vomiting with fevers for  at least 2 weeks.
Since we’ve been in Turkey it’s been a-whole-nother story. They’ve been good and healthy. So when Lilly started up with some cold symptoms I got worried. I didn’t want to send her to school just for all the other kids to get sick. Oh, and did I mention that most of Lilly class has been sick? At one point last week there were only 6 kids that attended class. I kept Lilly home one day last week and all I heard from her was, “When can I go back to school?” I knew she was feeling cruddy, but since she was a baby she really hasn’t let being sick slow her down. I kept second guessing my decision to keep her home.
Well when she woke up yesterday she had a cough, so when Steven took her to school they went to visit the nurse. She said that as long as it was affecting her ability to learn, she could stay. And when she came home yesterday she was losing her voice and start coughing junk up. Last night Steven and I decided to keep her home today. I have been telling her all morning that she needed to just relax and try to get better. The result was her and Sadie, cuddled up in a blanket, looking at books and magazines together. And at one point Sadie pulled out a stethoscope  and gave Lilly a “doctor appointment”.
Hopefully she gets over this soon so that she can go back to school and enjoy it. I know she really doesn’t like missing school, and she really enjoys learning. Sometimes I think she is just too smart for her own good. But I know I won’t have problem with faking illnesses. Although I know Sadie is LOVING having Lilly home today. Yesterday when Steven went to pick her up, she said, “Yay! Daddy is going to pick up my sweetie!” Get better soon Lilly!
022
krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment