Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lilly, Lilly, Lilly!

 Lilly is just getting so big and smart. She truly is one of the most clever kids I think you'll ever meet. She is strong willed, strongly opinionated, and beautiful. She wears her heart on her sleeve and defends the little guys. We couldn't be more proud of our first born. Lately she has just been blowing us away with what she says.
• When we were at the commissary the other day, Lilly had to go to the bathroom. Steven took and when she came running back to me and the girls, she was yelling how she did go potty and that she tried to wash her hands but there was a large spider so she turned around and ran out. She said she needed some hand sanitizer for her hands. When we were in the car she told us she is only scared of spiders and frogs. She got the frog thing from. And yes, they terrify me.
• I was making dinner the other night and the big girls usually sit at the counter with me. We'll turn on some music and they will color or practice writing letters. Lilly pulled out her activity book and asked me to read the instructions for. They said to look at the picture and write the first letter of the word down. Well Lilly is busting her butt trying to learn  how to read, so she decided to try and spell out the whole word. Normally,m if I wasn't making dinner, I would help her sound it out and write each letter down. But since I was cooking she kind of just said a bunch of letters and asked me if she was right. They weren't right but she kept trying. She got to the picture of a dog:
 L - "Dog starts with a D. Mom, I know how to spell dog."
M- "Oh yea. Did you learn it at school today?"
L- "No."
M- "Then how do you spell it?"
L- "D-A-M."
And this is where I almost fell over laughing.
• We were at the shoppette and Lilly unbuckled her seat belt thinking we were all going in. I told just Daddy is going in because he's going to go quickly. She said okay and we told her to try and buckle herself back in. She is in a booster seat now and the buckle is hidden behind Sadie's carseat. She can still be buckled properly, it's just that Sadie's seat obscures the view of it. She said she couldn't get it buckled so I told her Daddy would do it when he came back. Now go back to where I told you she is dying to learn how to read and spell.
L- "Mom, I know how to spell cat."
M - "Okay."
So I get ready to help her sound it out.
L - "C..."
I'm about to help her, but she surprises me!
L-"A-T. Cat."
I start telling  her how awesome she is and how proud I am of her.
L- "Great. I can spell cat, but I can't buckle myself."

We l♥ve this little girl.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment