Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sunset Walks

I apologize for the lack of updates but it just seems like one thing after another on this "vacation". So far Ruby has been sick twice- separate ailments, 3 ER visits, utter exhaustion, cranky, moody, tired children, things breaking, and just plain drama. I sure do love being able to spend time with my family, but I think I'm going to need a vacation after this!
In an effort to work off some energy before bedtime, my sister Gabbie and I took the kiddos on a photo walk. We walked over to an area of the neighborhood that is waiting to be built. You can buy a townhouse in the neighborhood and they'll customize the way you want when they build. The are made for some really beautiful photos and I know we'll be back over there many more times. We left the house after dinner so it was just before sunset and the lighting was beautiful. The kiddos were really good too.
104
096
Sadie was walking on the curb when I told her to get down before she fell. Now Sadie is a little clumsy so falling was inevitable. She looked at me and said she needed to practice walking on the curb because when I tell her to get down she gets really nervous. I couldn't help but smile at her because she can come up with the craziest things. I thought oh well she can be up there. No more than 10 seconds after that did she fall and cut her left knee. And by cut I mean a miniscule little dot. By no means was I going to tell her there was any sort of blood because she would panic and no longer be able to walk. I signed to Gabbie not to mention it when Lilly pointed it out to her. Thanks Lilly! Gabbie managed to convince her it was blood but that she fell onto a really small berry. Hallelujah! She believed and started walking again. She climbed back on to the curb and Gabbie told her to get down. She was nearly in tears about how nervous she gets when we tell her to get off the curb and then falls again. Lilly again points to the microscopic blood drop. Sadie then tells her no and that she must have fallen onto another berry. When we got back to the house I cleaned and bandaged them.
053-1
079
047-1
The next night at dinner we were telling Uncle Chris, Gabbie's fiance, about her falling into berries and she says, "I'm not so sure those were berries anymore." And I about choked on my food and was trying not to spit food out as I started laughing uncontrollably. Oh Sadie-Mae how we love you dearly. She truly is sunshine on a cloudy day!
013
015
019

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment