Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who would have guessed?

So the day after I take Ruby to the ER, Sadie wakes up vomiting. I know, lucky me! Ugh! We head back to the ER and everyone stops and stares and says, "Same Mom, different kid?" I explain that we were here the previous night and they quickly check Sadie's throat and see that her throat is just as bad as Ruby's.
142
Something popped into to my head and I wasn't sure if they would even consider it. I ask if they can give me a prescription for Lilly too so that I don't have to come back the next day. And to my surprise they start to consider it. I explain that Ruby and Sadie are never sick and that Lilly is the one who gets hit hardest when something is going around, and I felt terrible for using the ER for something that could be easily taken care of by their normal pediatrician. They hand me a prescription and say fill it if she gets sick and if she doesn't just don't use it.
146
Sure enough Lilly wakes up at 5am they next morning and she's throwing up already. I'm so happy I took the time to ask because for 1) Who wants to go to the ER 3 days in a row with 3 different kids? and 2) I started getting sick that day too.
156
Thankfully I got a milder case than the girls and didn't need antibiotics. There's only one thing worse than having 3 jet lagged and sick kids and that's having 3 jet lagged and sick kids AND a sick and jet lagged mommy. Boy was that not something I want to do again. It just makes me more nervous to fly home and have Lilly go back to school on top of it all.
183
I'm happy to say we are definitely getting back to normal and it's only taken 3 weeks! Man, traveling with kids is tough. I was able to take some photos of the girls at the playground the other day. They were so excited to run around and play. Hopefully we'll be able to through some more fun things in the mix now that they're feeling better!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment