Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The 3rd of July?

One thing I love and hate that the girls do is when they are "politically correct". Everything is very literal with them. Today's not your actual birthday but we are just celebrating it today, so Happy Day Before Your Birthday! This was just one of those instances. Since the 4th of July was on a Monday this year, most of the fireworks were over the weekend. I knew I wanted to take the girls to see them because it's just one of those times when you equate something with a certain day or holiday. Just like turkey on Thanksgiving. For us it's fireworks on the 4th of July. Well they were constantly questioning why we weren't going to see fireworks on the 4th but on the 3rd. Once they caught on, they started yelling to everyone else, "Happy 3rd of July!". Yes, I already know how cute my kiddos are.
fireworks2011-3
fireworks2011-1
008
014 copy 2
On the 4th we went to the Macungie Flower Garden. It's just a small plot of flowers in the middle of town right next to the train tracks. Two things the girls love is flowers and trains. We walked around and looked at all the flowers and tried smelling them too. I got to take some photos of the girls and the flowers and we even got to see a freight train. It was a very warm day so we went and got some cold treats at Rita's Water Ice. I forgot how much I love that place since the last time I was there I was just a kid.
051-1
043
135-1
145-1
After the snack we went back to the house and watched some movies. We had a nice quiet holiday. We all had a good day but boy did we miss having Daddy with us. Cross your fingers and toes that soon he'll be here with us. We miss you!
058-2
064

-k

No comments:

Post a Comment