Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Better Late Than Never....Father's Day 2010!

Father's Day for us started on Friday when I took the girls shopping to find presents. I thought that if we bought them closer to the day the girls would have less anxiety about when Daddy could open them. WRONG! I put them in a gift bag and promptly hid it in a cabinet. No more then 60 seconds after waking him up for work did Sadie say, "Hey daddy we got you presents today and they are hidden in the TV cabinet downstairs!" Thanks Sadie-Mae. I quickly try to shhh her and get her to stop talking as Lilly says, "What? That's where they are." Thanks Lilly. And that's not even where they stopped. I remembered that I forgot something at the BX so we all, including Daddy, pile into the car and head out. We are walking around the men's section at the BX and Sadie starts up again. "Daddy this is where we got your present. And (pointing) we went over there and over there and over there. And we got your card from there." She was so bad even Steven started shhing her. Great!

The next day Steven wakes up for work and Sadie grabs his hand, "Daddy come here I want to show you something!" Now they are always saving things from the day to share with Daddy when he gets up so we don't think twice about this. They walk into the living room and Sadie opens up the cabinet under the TV and says, "See it's right here!" Nice, thank you again Sadie. So I finally tell Steven sit down and open it now, before the stat pulling the presents out or telling you exactly what's in there. I don't have any pictures, I know shocker, but we gave him American Dad season 5, Lego Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull for the Wii, some German  chocolate cookies, a white chocolate Toberlerone, a coffee mug that says One Cool Pop (complete with a Popsicle on it) for his tea, and a tee shirt that says Papa Bear. I am still unsure who was happier though, Steven who received the gifts or the girls who watched him open them :) Not to self, don't bring the girls when I want to make something a surprise.

On Sunday, we woke up and Steven went to sleep, ha! One of the many wonderful aspects of working nights, not! The girls and I had a light breakfast and straightened up the downstairs. As soon as Ruby went down for a nap, we made a big ole' breakfast. The girls and I made steak and eggs for Daddy and we had sausage and eggs. The girls were so excited to wake him up to eat and give them their cards. While I cooked, the girls colored and drew pictures in their cards for daddy. I heard Lilly trying to write a messsage so I offered to write it for her. Both wanted me to so Lilly had me write this:

Dear Daddy,
Thank you for opening up your presents.
Love, Lilly

Dear Daddy,
Dear Sadie-Mae,
Thanks for opening your presents too.
Love, Sadie
Steven and I had a good laugh about it.

Funny girls, eh? After our scrumptious breakfast/lunch we went out and got some popcorn, snacks, and of course a stop at the Turkish bakery. Steven has a serious sweet tooth for baklava. And so does Lilly. When we got home we watched Planet 51, which was pretty good. All in all it was a pretty good day.

The girls have a great daddy. They love him so much and everyday ask if he can stay home from work and hangout with them. They are also blessed with two great grandfathers who they miss terribly. They can not wait to go and visit. We have been very blessed. So to Steven, Papop, and Papou, WE LOVE YOU!

♥K

No comments:

Post a Comment