Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sadie Starts Preschool

I've decided that since Sadie is going to preschool we needed to start working on some "school" activities so that when she starts pre-k or kindergarten she isn't step behind. Thanks to the internet and google, I was able to find and print dozens of activities for her to do while Lilly is at school. She really loves it, so much so that she has Lilly wanting to do more when she gets home from school.
We honestly think Sadie is smarter than she lets on. We'll ask her questions and she'll say she doesn't know the answer, but if it's on her terms she knows the answer to the question we asked. Her only weakness is her fine motor skills. I made her a notebook with activities, paper, and folders so that all her work is in one place. My only problem with it is that I can't find my 3-hole punch, ha! Other than that it's working well.
10
She is ambidextrous, which is so apparent from starting the "schoolwork". Instead of being able to focus on one hand and improving on it, she does twice the work. When she's working, she'll start with one hand and then she'll switch. You can even see it in the photos- she uses both hands.
The only thing she doesn't like is coloring. I know! What kid doesn't like coloring? Apparently mine. Lilly loves coloring, always has, Sadie not so much. She'll pick an activity to work on and ask my what she needs to do. The second I say color she goes and finds another one until she finds one that doesn't say color.
11
We're really happy that all 3 kiddos want to learn as much as they can. It's been pretty easy teaching them. Almost makes me want to homeschool. Ha! Almost. Ruby has wanted to be involved to, but she mostly wants to color on top of what Sadie or Lilly is doing. You can usually find her trying to eat the crayons though. Gross! Hopefully she grows out of this stage fast.
12
Lilly has been enjoying school. She's often tired from it but she pushes through it. She was so excited to actually have homework. She comes home with homework Monday through Thursday but it is so beneath her. A few nights she has come home with papers to write her name. She's been writing her name for over a year now so not impressed with the homework. I know some of the other kids in her class are probably not where she is, but I do not want to hold her back any. I'm in the process of putting a notebook together for her so that she do some work that is a little challenging. I know it is still the beginning of the year, so they are starting slow. But I figure I can do more with her when she comes home from school, she likes a it and it'll be on her terms. If she wants to relax instead, that's fine. Whatever keeps her in a good mood :)
But so far so good. I'll just have to keep up with them and find some more things for to do. I'll keep you updated :)

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment