Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Queso Recipe

I first learned this recipe years ago from Steven's mom- Hi Memaw! Over the years I've tweaked it here and there depending on our current tastes. Especially since my taste buds have changed drastically from pregnancy to pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Lilly, there wasn't anything that was spicy enough. Now I can't take much heat at all. This variation is one that I made a couple of time's at my mom's house this summer. There are two things I love about this dip. One, it can be spicy or not. Make a pan of it and then add hot sauce or chile peppers to individual servings. Two, you make it as a meal or an appetizer. We usually make it as a meal because it's definitely not the healthiest thing around. And it's so easy to tweak to your tastes.
This recipes makes a lot. Make it for a party, or freeze half for another day, or eat it for the days :)

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground turkey, beef, sausage or a mix of these
3 tomatoes
a bunch or two of green onions
1-2 green peppers
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 lg and 1 sm boxes of Velveeta
2-3 bags of tortilla chips

In a stock pot, cook meat. While meat is browning, cut the Velveeta in cubes. Drain the meat, return to the pot and add taco seasoning. Add the Velveeta and turn down the heat to medium. Dice the green onions, peppers, and tomatoes and add once the Velveeta is almost completely melted. Let the dip combine and warm for about 10 minutes. Then serve over chips while it's hot. Enjoy!

Next time I make this I'll take photos of the process. When I try new recipes I usually like to have some photos to go along with the recipes.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment