Photobucket Married to my knight in dirty camo, raising our 3 beauties, and living the military life, home is where the US Air Force sends us! This is our way of sharing the everyday chaos and joy with our family and friends♥

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Teacher Present

This year I wanted to make one of those mixes in a jar. I have seen several that make cake, cookies, or hot chocolate. You layer the different ingredients in a jar that has lid. I decided on hot chocolate mixes because I just don't bake. I hate baking. Plain and simple, I have no good reason why I just don't enjoy it. So I found a very easy recipe for Peppermint Hot Chocolate.
1 c. powdered milk
1 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. crushed peppermints
-Layer all the ingredients in a jar, and add a tag with instructions on how make the hot chocolate.
-Mix all contents of the jar in a bowl. Add 1 c. of hot water to 1/3 c.of hot chocolate mix.
I also added a monogrammed ornament attached with the instruction. I think they came out really cute, but I need to tweak the recipe a little bit to better suit my taste. I had two of the candy cane jars to use but one of them broke on the was home to Turkey. I hope Lilly's teachers enjoyed it :)
♥K

No comments:

Post a Comment